Thursday 18 August 2011

November / December 2010

Sarah and my favorite boy Red.
The day before I flew to Mexico to spend two glorious weeks with my lovely better half, I had a brilliant day out with Sarah Harrington's Andalusian Relajado (Red) at his second affiliated competition. Red is a hot little horse and we have taken things slowly with him to give him time to mature mentally and physically. He is now ready to climb the dressage ladder and I'm proud to say he won his first Novice with 68.82% and was third in the second with 67.10%. If it will now PLEASE stop snowing we will get his 2011 competition diary plans, not because I love competing, but because I LOVE training......and climbing up the British Dressage test structure helps me develop my systematic way. It's fun to win, but it's even more fun to see a happy horse improving his dressage skills and muscular development, purely because he loves his dance lessons!
My 5 year old chestnut Alf had his splint x rayed and unfortunately although there is nothing bad to be seen, the bone is still active therefore he needs more time off ARGH!. I will prey that this very very bored young horse will be able to come back into work soon to do the dancing that he loves.
Anni Denton and Mallingold Mercury qualified for the National Riding Club Championships with a lovely 69.5%